Executive Pastor Job Description
Skokie Valley Baptist Church is seeking a full-time Executive Pastor. SVBC is a multicultural and multigenerational church located in Wilmette, Illinois. Generally, the Executive Pastor partners with and serves the Senior Pastor to accomplish the church’s mission. More specifically, the Executive Pastor oversees operations, including managing staff and ministry teams, by establishing short- and mid-term goals to implement the church’s long-term mission and vision. The Executive Pastor ensures
support, coaching, and evaluation of staff and teams; optimizes operational capabilities; and strives to unify the church under its stated values. And, as a member of the pastoral staff, the Executive Pastor
meaningfully contributes to the responsibilities of disciple-making within the local church.
• Develop strong and nimble systems for equipping and unleashing the local church to do the work of ministry
• Facilitate effective ministries of discipleship across the church (e.g., small groups)
• Facilitate and oversee regular meetings with church staff and with church ministry teams
• Establish effective strategies for communication within the church, including leadership teams, members, and regular attenders
• Collaborate with Senior Pastor and Executive Board regarding position and direction of the church, ensuring that ministries are aligned according to a common direction and strategy
• Manage the church’s marketing and advertising, including website, social media, and other effective forms of media communication
• Create, implement, and review policies and procedures for effective operations of the church
• Collaborate with Senior Pastor to oversee human resource operations to hire, reposition, transition, and dismiss staff
• Collaborate with Business Manager to establish financial goals consistent with SVBC’s vision and mission, create an annual budget, facilitate fundraising, and ensure long-term fiscal integrity
• Collaborate with the Senior Pastor to contribute to the preaching, teaching, counseling, prayer, and other pastoral ministries of the church
• Testimony of salvation by faith in Christ.
• Five years of relevant and successful experience in local church or related field.
• Master’s degree in related field (e.g., MA Org Leadership, MDiv, MBA)
• Broad knowledge of organizational systems and processes within the context of local church.
• Outstanding organization skills.
• Outstanding communication skills.
• Proficient multitasker.
• A lifestyle congruent with local church leadership (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
• Clear calling to ministry.
• Proficiency with relevant software and media, including church-ministry software
• Team player and developer of others.
• Member (or willingness to become a member) of Skokie Valley Baptist Church.
For more information or to express interest, please email